A walk in the woods, whether in the winter in the snow or in the summer under the cool canopy, offers so much - and completely free! That is why it is all the more important that he remains in his form. This calls for appropriate and respectful behavior in the forest.
NIKIN helps with your help to plant trees. Every product you buy from us makes sure that a tree is planted somewhere in a needy place in the world. The forest is important to us, not only forests in South America or Asia, but also our native forests. We love them, we use them, they are a source of relaxation and regeneration. But how do you behave properly in the forest?
We are only visiters!
With all the love: whenever we go into the forest, enjoy the green splendor and look forward to the silence or the encounter with forest animals, we should not forget that we are only guests in the forest. From this it is also possible to quickly deduce how one should behave in the forest. Just as we would with beloved friends who we value and respect. Forest protection and sustainability go hand in hand!
We enjoy the forest for a few hours. Others live in him and with him. This of course applies to the forest animals, which have their habitat here, but also for the plants and trees. They all together form a unique ecosystem «forest».
And it's so easy to help keep the forest as it is. For his animals and plants. For us and our children.
- If you are out in the woods, alone or with friends, stay on the trails. Away from the paths, under the trees and in the thicket, small animals and plants find their habitat. We do not even perceive some of them. We should not trample through her "parlor".
- In the forest you want to enjoy the silence and the sounds of the animals. A full-fledged radio has nothing to do here. It disturbs other forest walkers - and much more it disturbs the wildlife. If you really want to run through the forest with music, take headphones with you.
- Driving or using other vehicles such as motorbikes on forest trails is usually not allowed. Even riders should stay on the designated riding trails - because of the risk of accidents.
- Dogs enjoy a forest walk as well as their humans. But they should do that on a leash. Especially young wild animals expire in the face of a threat in a kind of rigidity and are an easy prey for unattended dogs.
- What applies to your dog, also applies to you - keep away from forest animals. Cute cubs that seem to be abandoned are not alone. The mother is usually nearby and hides until you are gone. If you encounter adult wild animals that show no signs of shyness, you should take the legs in your own hands. That is a concomitant of rabies!
- Also, the plants should not be damaged. Demolishing twigs and flowers or, worse, "decorating" the bark of trees with scratches is not a good idea. It not only defiles the plant, but makes it more susceptible to pests or fungus.
- Collecting berries and mushrooms for your own use is allowed in the forest. But also here one should proceed with care and take only the forest fruits, which one can really consume and which are also ripe. Leave unripe berries on the tendril - for other visitors. In mushrooms do not pick the whole stock, but let some stand. So mushrooms can ensure that spores are sown and grow again next year mushrooms and chanterelles.
- And finally, the very big taboo: No fire! No cigarettes, no matches, no barbecue. Not in the woods anyway. For a barbecue, there are designated and fortified barbecue areas, which are always set up at a sufficient distance from the vegetation. You can use that, but here too, it should be ensured that no glowing barbecues are tipped into the undergrowth or smoldering matches are thrown away carelessly. The images of the forest fires of the summer of 2018 should really convince everyone to be extra careful when dealing with fire. In addition to the destroyed vegetation brings a forest fire a thousand deaths on the animal world.
It is not that difficult to be careful with the forest. So that we can still enjoy it tomorrow and in a hundred years. And if you see others who do not know the "forest kings", point them out!
Great activities in the forest
It's just nice to walk in the woods with your eyes open. If you take a plant guide with you, you discover things that you have not noticed before. It is also great fun to identify forest birds by their voices, especially when walking with children.
If you are lucky you can make use of the guided forest walks in your area and - mostly from a forestry expert - learn a lot about the forest, which the casual walker does not experience.
For the more sporty, there are numerous recreational opportunities from forest sports trails to treetop climbing (including equipment and security) - often at the edges of the forest, where it does not bother the animal inhabitants of our forests.